Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Money Matters


Imagine this.....you walk into a room with hundreds of people sitting there all eyes on you.  As you look to the big screen on stage there it is.  Your financial history.  Your bank drill down for the month, your debt, your credit....Now the question is would they applaud as you humbly take a bow or would you run away as fast as you came in.

This is an exercise that will definitely make you think or shudder.  It is not to beat you up or put you on a pedestal.  I'm here to tell you I write this honestly and would run if they did this to me.  If anyone ask me what my major downfall is it is Money Management. Over the years and from birth I was taught that money didn't matter compared to the real things of this world. In fact, my parents live so modestly it is inspiring.  The problem is I never was taught the importance of money in the eyes of God.

Did you know money is one if not the most used subjects in the bible. Over 2,000 verses in fact. God cared so much about what we did and how we handled his blessing that he constantly reminds us of the responsibility and consequences of our actions.  The 5 verses you should know and live by are as follows:

Philippians 4:19
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

Malachi 3:10
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.”

1 Timothy 6:10
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Acts 20:35
In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’

Proverbs 22:7
The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.

There are many more than this, but these few verses can show you greatly what the Lord intended and the law of money.  Give to the less fortunate, Tithe to the church, Don't make money your idol, Never owe or be in debt to any "thing" or "person" and God always will provide us what we need.

I guarantee if we all start living by these commandments we ourselves would find us far more blessed than we sit today.

No comments:

Post a Comment