Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Aftermath.....

II Timothy 3:1-5,7 "But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of god; holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."
 
 
This above is my focus right now.  What not to be, yet to see where we are in society was predicted.  Not by any man, yet our Lord.  He told us in the good book the signs to look for.  He hinted what the world would look like right before he came to save the godly.  He gave those who believe in him and his mercy and grace hope that they would be aware and ready. 
 
Yesterday I sat and I thought to myself things just aren't right.  We see so much division especially now with politics.  So much is brought up regarding faith.  How lost some are when it comes to morality.  Divorces at a high, everyone wants instant gratification, looking to always make them happy no sacrifice. Abortions, knocking traditional marriage, and taking God out of our daily lives. 
 
Not long ago I was asked how I could like Mitt Romney. I respected the question.  At least we had a discussion about our differences in politics.  The person couldn't believe I could like someone so mean.  I reinforced that this wasn't about liking "someone" running for a office.  It had to do with the platform that the party was running for this election. Things dear to me such as banning abortion, keeping traditional marriage and its reverence the way God wanted it. To keep God in our lives.
 
I also read a comment about Christians always being Republican.  I would have to answer to that is the only choice we are given to keep the doctrine of the Bible is through the platform that the Republican party stands for plain and simple.  If it were Democrats standing for those things I would vote that way. It's that easy.
 
I want to show you a picture that CBS news took of the aftermath of this "unprecidented storm".  I want you to think about it, maybe print it out as a reminder.  It has many meanings to me.  When I saw it today I haven't stopped crying.  I will let you take away with it what you will.  For me it means God is always firm and standing in our worst times, he never strays.  The only constant over material things that can be gone in minutes.  Also it is a sign to me that this is what is the new norm. It's here, it's a clear warning.  We can't hide, yet we have a chance to get it right.  Start with your bible.  I am today. I fear him.  I love him. I want to make him proud.
 
The Lord is sad at the way we are living, he will discipline the evil--he does make a point.  These storms hitting aren't by accident. Please make it a point in your life to really think about this today. I may seem dramatic, but I feel led to encourage.  I am a sinner, that is doing the same thing today. I fear what is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment