Thursday, September 19, 2013

Christ is Enough For Me.....

One of my favorite songs by Hillsong is Christ is Enough For Me.....

"I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back, no turning back. 

The cross before me, the world behind me. no turning Back, no turning Back."

I had a talk with a newly baptized follower last week.  We spoke about following Christ and how as we celebrate our new members to our family....how we want to also say suit up for the battle before you.  Not so inviting in such a period of renewed joy.  Yet so very true.  Any follower will resonate with this statement.

Seems as though when I decided to follow, everything in my path has attacked my every weakness.  I can honestly say this has been the toughest year of my life to date.  Emotionally, confidence wise, and physically.  One thing after another.  When I pray for you and your burdens and I state his word, that very statement is under trial that day or week.  I'm surely held accountable.

The other day I prayed.  Lord whether it be the Devil or testing please let me not turn back.  Please don't let me look to the worldly ways as easier.  Don't let me give up the race to see your Glory.  It's in everything.  In my trials I find strength.  In your testing my faith soars.  The cross is before me there I find my purpose.

No matter how hard it gets, no matter how hard you pray.  He hears, he is there.  In my biggest moments of doubt I always get a vision.  He is there on the cross.  Bloody, tired, hanging by a thread. Every bit of suffering you can imagine.  He is there for me.  For you.  For my kids. My family and friends.  The dear Lord sacrificed his very son for me to live a life of purpose, of hope. To share that hope and faith with you. So there I keep my eyes upward and the next day a new day to pray harder. As a Mother I can't even imagine giving my only son, and there I find a love that I know is not forsaken or without promise. I hope you find that today.


No comments:

Post a Comment