Thursday, October 25, 2012

Join me on my 15 month Journey.....

I realized the other day in a bible study, a verse stuck out to me so loud I had no other choice than to take heed.  It was about discipline, and it takes this to be the person that we want to be.  To make God proud, to make the right choices, to be everything that God set out for us to be.

I used to be one with unmatched discipline.  Up at 5 to work out, work hard/play hard, disciplined on my health regiment and the one thing I've always struggled with was financial discipline.  Sure wasn't born with that.   Yet over the time, it was gone. Marriage, home, babies life took control of me, my faith and who I was meant to be.  Most of all I lost balance.  It felt I was on a teeter totter and plummeted to the ground on one side.

I ran into a friend who encouraged me to follow her path.  Pick a number and let it be your guide.  I thought it was odd but kept listening.  Pick out 4 goals and set a time frame within that number. Years, days, weeks and months.  I was beginning to like this.  So I sat down and wrote down the things I wanted to get under control.  It was very easy.

1. My spending/savings
2. My overuse of Facebook, yes this can be a problem don't act naive anyone
3. My overindulgene of crap food and lack of physical excercise
4. Get my spiriual life on track.

My number is 15 and I will let you all guess why.  So in 15 months I will set out to Fast from Facebook, follow a strict routine of good eating and excercise, 15 months to read the bible and 15 months of set savings.

I would love all of you to join me on this journey. Pick your number, find your goals and get started. Let me know if you decide to join me.  Accountability is key.  Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment