Monday, September 2, 2013

Week One: Day Two How to Change

So we introduced yesterday the question what it is you want to change.  We talked about the limitations to get there being naivity our enviornment makes us that way, we know no different.  Temperament, we just our made that way we tell ourselves.  Fear, we are scared once others really know the truth they will reject us.  Past experiences, we have a wall built so high change isn't allowed in.  Last, Busyness...if we stay busy there is no time to change.

All these equal excuses.  Which brings us to the first and hardest part of change:

1. Get Rid of the Excuses.   

(Luke 14:18-20) But they all alike began to make excuses.  The first said, "I have just bought a field, and I must go see it.  Please excuse me.  Another said, "I have just bought five yoke of oxen and I'm on my way to try them out.  Please excuse me.  Still another said, "I just got married, so I can't come."

(Romans 6:12-14) Do not let sin control the way you live; do not give in to sinful desires.  Do not let any part of your body become and instrument of evil to serve sin.  Instead, give yourselves completely to God...Sin is no longer your master.  Instead you live under the freedom of
God's grace.


Excuses will not get you anywhere, but exactly where you are.  Idle. Unhappy.  Stagnent. 

My next challenge for today is to look at the thing you have chose as your mission for change.  Write down 5 excuses you have used that have led to living an unchanged life.    Pray on this, ask God to make you aware of these things.  With help and grace you will be able to remove them from your life.


Dear Lord,

I know what I do and I hate that very thing.  I find reasons to not do what I know is right.  I let the enemy, the devil fully attack that very weakness.  Leaving me miserable, lonely and idle.  Lord be my agent of change.  Move me forward in faith. Remove the excuses, free me from bondage.  In your name I pray. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment