Tuesday, September 3, 2013

You asked for it: Day Three Make the Break

So if you don't mind let me indulge a little truth into your day.  In working on excuses, here I found a truth.  I dropped off my first born, Mama's boy, and precious angel to his first day of preschool today.  5 day a week preschool.  As I drove off I could've made every excuse to myself why I shouldn't have done that today.  I'm a stay at home Mom.  How dare I?  I'm letting him down.  What if he does horrible in class. The list goes on.

I'm familiar with it, because all last year I did this.  I beat myself up on all the reasons I shouldn't take a break.  So much to the point I literally drove myself insane.  A long hard lesson I learned was to ask for help.  Let go of control.  This year I'm doing just that.  So when he said bye Mommy, I happy I go to school.  I looked in his eyes and said Me too buddy! 

Not because I don't want him with me.I will surely miss him, but it's good for him.  It's good for me.  Then we can both be happy and healthy and there you find peace in the truth.  No excuses, no guilt----pure peace.  Day one of stopping the excuses.

So on to day three....so we've pondered all the excuses we have made to hold us back.  5 was probably a weak number I'm sure most have so many you could write for days.  Yet focusing on small progress is our goal we will stick with 5.  So now you have them in front of you what do we do with them.  We make the break.....yes cut all ties. Adios. No love lost.

Sounds easy, though I know of anyone it is not.  So how are we going to do this together?

(2 Corinthians 6:14-17) Do not be yoked together with unbelievers.  For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God and they will be my people."  "Therefore come out from them and be seperate, says the Lord.  Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you."

 Ok this is the hardest part of change.  What we break apart from can be an emotional decision that will last a lifetime.  Yet the absolute necessity of change.  My Mom used to say birds of a feather flock together.  She was so right.  We are labeled by our surroundings.  Our associations.  They tell a lot about the people we are. The things we enjoy, the beliefs we hold.  If you have been struggling to break it off with company that doesn't walk in a fashion you are proud of, make that break today. 

To walk free we must cut the baggage, we must hold ourselves differently.  It's tough to say goodbye to your norm, your comfort.  Yet that very word comfort is what is holding you back.

(1 Corinthians 15:33-34) Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character. Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning....

Today make a list of people and things you know and have known for some time you need to make the break from.  Pray about it and then ask God to bring Godly influences and friends into your sphere of influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment