Wednesday, September 4, 2013

You asked for it Day 4:Fill the Void



So today I learned a hard lesson.  Today my youngest child started 2 day a week Mommy's Day out.  I know I took this Mama needs a break thing seriously.  For the record no excuses without guilt still and I made the break to give me some time to breathe.  Yet as I drove them off and drove away that burning hole in my stomach said what now.  I cleaned all day yesterday, laundry done.  How am I going to fill my day, fill the void.

I should have done many responsible things which the left side of my brain said to do.  Yet the right side said go enjoy yourself.  Go to Target.  Shop around without hurrying...get you a few things.  Well that was the mistake.  I did and as usual material things fill you up for about 2 minutes.  That is until you drive off and realize that void you filled was useless.  Of no substance. Only making me miss my kids more and feel guilty the rest of the morning.

So I'm back home and I'm studying.  How should I really have filled that void.  We don't always have to do tasks, but we do need to fill our soul with things that continue to build and teach us what really works to make the most use of our new chosen path.  Here is what I learned I am going to start to do, hopefully you will join me.

1. Learn about Jesus---right now I'm doing what really fills me.  Putting myself into the word and pouring myself into others.  This feels right, and there is nothing but growth and progress on this path. Good thing church is tonight.  I surely be doing some repenting:)

(Ephesians 4:8-12) Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery.  Instead be filled with the Spirit.

2. Join a group.Get together with that new sphere of influence you are creating.  Whether it be a small group from church, bible study, exercise group, etc... fill yourself up with fellow believers who will hold you accountable to the person you want to become in Christ. 

(Ecclesiastes 4:8-12)  There was a man all alone; he had neither son nor brother. There was no end to his toil...two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

3 Find your purpose in life.   Find something where you can reach others as a witness to Jesus.  I write because I fully believe this is my purpose. Some volunteer.  Some just have a talent that reaches others.  Do what you love for this is your spiritual gift.  Thrive in what God has empowered you to do.

(Acts 20:24) But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus- the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful Grace of God.

4. Live your life for the Good of Others.---- Serve.  Ties along with the above.  We need to help others.  Whether it be walking up to a frazzled Mom in Target lugging 3 kids and saying with a hug, it's OK I'm there you are doing the best you can.  Or if its calling your stressed out husband to encourage him today and tell him thank you for what he does.   Make someones day today.  This is what our true calling is, we are his temple to serve his ways on earth. If you aren't doing that daily....the void will never be replaced.

(Peter 4:10) Each one should use whatever gift he's received to serve others.


Pray this simple prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father,

I come to you today with a heart open and a soul ready to be filled in your spirit.  Lord I ask you use me in any way I can to serve you on this earth dear Lord. That you mold me to be just like you, and you show me more and more the life you would like me to lead.  Open up doors for me to serve you today, make me brand new. In your name I pray. Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment