Sunday, February 9, 2014

Everything Changes.....

Moving away you learn a lot. You have no other choice. You can't continue with the comfortable, everything changes. Relationships, logistics, the way you talk and dress. Actually is quite cool in fact. It's a way of reinventing yourself, if you go there.

Th hardest part about moving, change in general, is letting go. Letting go of the past, moving on to the new. Don't we all battle this, no matter the miles. Change is inevitable for growth, we just choose to stay idle. I'm ashamed to say I stayed idle for almost 4 years before finally the day came I slowly loosened the grip. I started excepting instead of resisting. I started reaching out instead of pulling away. I embraced growth, instead of planting my feet into the quick sand not budging.

An amazing thing happened. Life didn't become any easier, it started to make sense. I learned a lot about what I wanted, about how different I had become. How different my interests were, my needs and my wants. The most painful how much my relationships have shifted.

The last has been my hardest battle, my relationships. I've realized the truth of loving the same, just maybe some are for seasons and not lifetimes. That it is OK to grow apart, to understand when you walk one path some wont follow. Sometimes the ones you stand and wait to show up never arrive.

The thing I've learned most is everyone you meet is for a reason. Mostly to teach you something. Some you meet, just show up. They are there when you need them most, mostly they are who you need. Gods specialty is relationship. You can tell a lot about where you are in your walk by the people whom surround you.

So now as I've gotten to that place of soon to be another transition I ask nothing more then God to direct our path. To put us in places where we continue to grow and not look back. We have got to keep on moving forward. It's only in moving forward that we ever accomplish what God has called us to do. Yes, it can be hard – but it's the only way if we want to move on in God and grow.



Isaiah 43:18-19

18 “Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
19 See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland.










No comments:

Post a Comment